U3A is an organisation which seeks to promote active learning, research, community services and social activities to those no longer in full time employment.
From this concept it has grown since 1972 to an International Organisation, now with over 1,000 independent groups within the UK alone.
More information about Purbeck U3A can be found at http://www.purbecku3a.org.uk/index.html
A wide range of U3A Groups and Activities are held at Harmans Cross Village Hall, as follows:
- Advanced Driving - 2nd Wednesday of the month 10.00-12.00. Contact Gerry Griffin - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archaeology - 4th Friday of every month 10.00-12.00. Contact Mary Buck - email@example.com
- Computing for Beginners / Improvers - 2nd Friday of every month. Beginners 9.00-10.00; Improvers 10.00-11.30. Contact Paul Lurie - firstname.lastname@example.org
- French Intermediate - every Wednesday 10.30-12.00. Contact Ann Churchill - email@example.com
- Information Technology - 2nd Friday of every month 14.00-16.00 in the main hall. Contact John Hale and Tony Smith - IT@purbecku3a.org.uk
- Purbeck Patchwork & Quilting (PPQ) - 1st and 3rd Thursday every month 9.30-12.30. Contact Delia Ffitch - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Science & Technology - monthly, every 3rd Wednesday from 10am. Contact John Hale or Nigel Tennant - email@example.com or go to the dedicated S&T website at http://Greenacre.info/technology/page8.html
- Spanish Intermediate & Improvers - every alternate Monday 2.00-5.00pm in small meeting room. Contact Sandra Crook - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Table Tennis - every Monday 9.00-12.00. Contact Martin Howell - email@example.com
In addition, the U3A monthly Meeting Points is held at at the Harmans Cross Village Hall ever 4th Thursday in the month (except July, August and September). More about Purbeck U3A Meeting Points can be found at http://meetingpoints.purbecku3a.org.uk